The heart of any anti-virus software is the scanning engine — you can request to scan objects that enter and the engine returns information indicating whether these objects are malware or not.
The scanning engine includes an application interface (API) for communication with other anti-virus components that use this service.
Anti-Virus Engine is designed to detect, prevent, and remove malicious software. Security vendors today combine various technologies to keep systems free from malware. At the heart of most of them is signature-based scanning.
What are the advantages of using our engine?
At the moment of writing this text, there are over 190 million instances of malicious software in the world, so you will spend a colossal amount of time creating a new product for correct detection of all possible malware types.
You can use NictaTech Anti-Virus engine for signature detection and focus on creating new AV technologies.
You don’t need to spend resources and time to detect currently existing malware instances. You can use our engine «as is» for quick integration and completely «transfer» all of the malware detection data into the format used by your own engine or software project.
We did our best to ensure truly efficient detection. We collected, analyzed and fixed a huge number of false detections. We analyzed over 5 million malware programs and developed efficient methods of generic detection for different «families» of malware. There is no point in doing this work again.
Latest malware definitions status
Urgent virus definition update released (EEST/UTC+2): Apr, 23 2017 16:35
Regular virus definition update released (EEST/UTC+2): Apr, 23 2017 16:35
Definition #16750 released: 2017-04-23 16:43:27 EEST
Definition #16750 builded: 2017-04-23 16:34:38 EEST
Definition #16749 builded: 2017-04-23 08:44:32 EEST
Definition #16748 builded: 2017-04-22 14:56:12 EEST
Definition #16747 released: 2017-04-21 20:39:01 EEST
Definition #16747 builded: 2017-04-21 20:37:19 EEST
Definition #16746 builded: 2017-04-21 20:37:12 EEST
Nicta Anti-Virus Engine has the following features:
- High performance. Perhaps the Fastest signature engine.
- Lowest CPU usage. Nicta Anti-Virus Engine is the lowest CPU usage engine on Windows platform. CPU usage is one of the most important factors to measure a system performance with anti-virus software.
- Generic detection. Generic detection is effective against completely new viruses and new «members» of a known virus «family». Engine can detect new variants of virus family already known or unknown new virus family without upgrading.
- Zero False Positive. Our approach provides the false positive almost zero. And even if they are detected, our response is fast.
- High detection rates.
- AdWare Protection. Removes malware, AdWare and unwanted programs your anti-virus software will miss or never detect.
- Engine can scan all the most popular archive formats by default (RAR, ZIP, 7Z, CAB, ARJ, MSI, LZH, CHM, ISO and other).
- Fastest response to new threats.
- Automatic update of virus definitions multiple times per day.
- Special partner technical support.
- Fast, expert response to customer inquiries.
- Rapid analysis of the suspicious or infected files given by the partner.
Interested in becoming a customer?
Nicta Anti-Virus engine is a development tool that has been designed to let you focus on creating new AV technologies.
We have been developing a unique antivirus engine from 1997. You can connect NictaTech Anti-Virus engine with your product or use our source code to create your product.
If you would like to become a NictaTech customer, please contact us.
How can I license or use Anti-Virus engine source code?
We license engine source code on a per-case basis via special arrangements. Please use our contact form for more information.
Nicta Anti-Virus Engine supported operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7
- Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP (Home, Pro, Media Center, Tablet)
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98, ME, 95